The first thing you might notice today is the difference in the header on our site! I am not sure why but the other header graphic has disappeared, things happen! But what makes it worse is right now I can not find that I made a back up copy! How is that possible I ask myself? It will give me something to do next week, that is recreating the previous header graphic! I did like the other one better than this one, but I did make this one for us too. So maybe I should ask do you like this header or do you like the previous one better?
This Sunday after Thanksgiving, is the first Advent Sunday, so entails a few specialties added to the normal service this Sunday. There are also quite a few announcements, which often come with the holiday season. I will repeat the announcements here, but they can also be found within the ‘Insert’ for the bulletin.
- It is time for decorating again! So come one—come all on Tuesday, November 29th at 7:00 pm to help decorate our church for the Advent Season!!
- November 30th, Wednesday, the Visitation Team will be meeting at the Pizza Gallery in Clay City at 5:00 pm
- The Women’s Fellowship will be going to Bethesda Gardens for lunch & a meeting afterward on Thursday, December 1st. They will be meeting at the church at 11:00am, lunch at noon, Ruth White will have the lesson in the afternoon. If you plan on attending please let Nora Lowdermilk know!
- Monthly Meeting for the Clay County Habitat for Humanity, Thursday, December 1st at the United Methodist Church in Centerpoint, Indiana, meeting time at 7:30 pm
- Community Youth Group Meeting, a new group has started, a Christian Community Youth Group, the group is for youth from grade 4th through 12th that wish to come together in the name of Christ; this new group will have their first meeting Sunday, December 4th at 6:00 pm, meeting at ‘The Rock’ located at the corner of Cook St & 10th St in Clay City, Indiana. This first meeting is scheduled to last 2 hours, dismissing at 8:00 pm.
- Annual Community Christmas Sing is Sunday, Dec 4th, at 6:00 pm; First United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall. Evening includes singing Christmas carols & songs with special music by area individuals & groups. Everyone is invited, bring a favorite Christmas finger food, hot beverages & paper products will be supplied.
- Christian Discovery Group will have their December meeting on Tuesday, December 6th at 6:30; the meeting will be held at Bob and Angie’s Restaurant. In lieu of a gift exchange, they will be taking donations for a family in need.
- Remember that Choir Practice is scheduled for every Sunday at 6:00 pm
- A reminder that our Youth are once again selling calendars and notepads! You can support our Youth by ordering the calendars at $7.00 each and the notepads at $4.00 each; look for the Youth after service in the foyer for the next few Sundays!
- Joann Yegerlehner has been moved to Davis Gardens (Room #102), Terre Haute, Indiana. Please continue to keep her and her family in your prayers.
- The Christian Education team has a variety of advent devotionals for study during this Advent season. These are in pamphlet file located in the foyer. There are also calendars, postcards, & activity books for children; larger children books are on the bulletin board ledge. Please one adult & one child’s per family.
And as usual the bulletin preview, it might be noted that I have not included the page numbers for the hymns as that still has to be verified …. click here
And of course the insert with announcements and a poem requested by our Interim Pastor David Jennys … click here
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving !! God Bless!